Hot Glass Safety Screen
Jalajala While gas fireplaces, stoves and inserts are a great asset to any home, glass fronts can become extremely hot during and even long after operation. Therefore, it`s important to remember, touching the hot glass front can lead to serious, irreversible burns. This video shares information that will allow you to continue to enjoy the many benefits of your gas fireplace, stove or insert while providing an added level of safety against burns.
General Fireplace Safety Guidelines
evocatively Traditional Metal Fireplace Screens and Spark Guards.
http://acevisionnepal.com/trip/langtang-valley-trek/ We are all taught from a young age that we should always exercise caution and common sense when interacting with fire: a hot kitchen stove, wood stove, grills or open flames. We want to remind all customers who use our popular fireplace screens that the metal frames may become warm or hot to the touch during use and may stay hot to the touch for up to 60 minutes after enjoying a fire in your fireplace.
To reduce risk of burn injury or property damage when using a fireplace screen, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
• Choose the right screen for your application. If you need tools box for mechanicsaccess to the fire for tending, we recommend using a fire screen with doors.
• Before using your screen ensure all handles and legs a securely fastened to the screen if applicable.
• Do not touch hot surfaces with bare handorganized dewalt toolss. Screen components may become hot to the touch during and after use.
• If you need to move the fireplace screen or open the screen doors to tend the fire, use protective fireplace gloves to avoid risk of burns or injury.
• Close supervision of children and guests is necessary when any fireplace is in operation.
• Do not allow children to play on or near a fireplace or screen – even when not in use.
• Keep all combustible materials at least 36 inches away from the fireplace opening.
• All ashes and coals should be put in a metal container with a metal lid. Place the container on a non-combustible surface and let the hot coals and ash cool for 7 days before disposing.
By following these simple safeguards and good common sense regarding fireplace safety, you will have many years of enjoyment around the hearth. Thank you for letting Pilgrim be part of your home.